Friday, August 24, 2012

"RISK....To Risk or Not to Risk that is the Question"



How does one determine if the RISK is worth the outcome?  It would be really nice if we had a simple equation:

G - R = P ...G is the ultimate Goal
                   R is the risk
                   P is the profit/ or desired outcome

 This equation could be the litmus test to whatever it is you want to achieve.  Unfortunately it isn't.  I confess I am not  mastered in the art of financial equations so I will keep this very simple.  Factors that I believe aren't measurable are the pluses. Those being: passion, perseverance, desire, never quitting, work ethic, freedom, drive, determination, visionary, innovation, and creativity.  This equation is GRP+

Now I am not saying to ignore certain financial equations but one must consider the ramifications if you don't at least risk a little.  Take the risk whether it is a little one or pretty big one because if you don't you will always wonder what it would of been like had you.

I jumped off that risk cliff today, my parachute opened, I landed softly.  My friend did too.  We officially decided to take the risk together and start our own business.  We will be basing our success on the GRP+  equation.  I will continue to write about this endeavor so hopefully you will see that taking a risk isn't that bad after all.  It is the place where the most wonderful life lessons can be learned.  What is your GRP+?


"This nation was built by men who took risks - pioneers who were not afraid of the wilderness, business men who were not afraid of failure, scientists who were not afraid of the truth, thinkers who were not afraid of progress, dreamers who were not afraid of action. " ~Brooks Atkinson



No comments: