Wednesday, October 28, 2009

21 Days Free From Gossip


Recently I began taking a course called Building Your Personal Foundation.  I am in the process of changing my life, behaviors, thoughts, reactions etc. for the better.  I do have a lot of work cut out for me.  Currently we are learning about raising our own personal standards and  living in integrity.

My goal for the next 21 days is to stop gossiping good/bad about anyone.  If the person is not present and able to hear what I have to say about them then it is off limits.   I am on day 2.  The first day was fairly easy, I didn't talk with many people so the opportunities were few.  Day 2, a little harder.  I have spoken with friends and family and have consciously decided not to gossip.  It isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  You just have to think twice about what you are going to say.   I can honestly say that I feel a little lighter and free from negative energy.  My thoughts seem to be more positive and my focus is more on me than on someone else.  It feels nice.

Tomorrow will be day 3.  I hope that it keeps getting better and better.  Eventually I hope the only gossip I will be participating is in reading People when I visit my hair dresser.  Until then I am going to keep my thoughts of others close to my heart and continue focusing my energies on improving my life.  I challenge all of those who read my blog, which by the way I am eternally grateful for, a 21 day gossip free good/bad challenge.  Post your successes as I would love to read about them.

"We become what we think about."
Earl Nightingale

No comments: