Thursday, December 10, 2009

21 Day Accomplishment


I did it.  I successfully walked 2+ miles everyday.  I cannot begin to state what a wonderful conscious feeling of accomplishment.  There were times when I thought man would I like to stay in bed but everytime I did that I said to myself..."What is my conscious choice that I am making?"  I got up and walked.  When we travelled I had to get up even earlier but I fit it in.  Walking has made so many differences in my life.  It has helped me appreciate all that I have, it has given me the opportunity to reconnect spiritually, and it has helped to heal my soul.  Keeping a sticker chart tracking my progress and having my family cheer me on made a huge difference.  When we left early from Canada to come back to the states I got up at 5:30 did what I needed to do and made sure all that Rob had to do was get the kids in the car.  He picked me up 45 minutes later on the road. The girls said that I get 4 stickers for this walk. During a brief period of walking on the road that early morning it started snowing, then sleeting, and the wind was howling from the north ...burrrrrrr cold, and I thought what am I doing.  I stopped looked around at the land, looked up at the sky as the sun was just beginning to rise, listened to  the early morning bird chatter and knew exactly why I was out here.

To appreciate and be thankful for everything that I have, my family, and all of the wonderful experiences I was able to enjoy while on vacation.  My daily walk of gratitude.  I was able to see the sun rise and set that day...and everyday I get to experience that is a GREAT day.

So after walking a straight 21 days how do I feel?  Have I created a habit?  Do I crave walking?  Am I still making it a part of my daily life?

I feel great!  Yes I created a habit.  I do crave it (I walked today in 6" of snow), and I will continue to make it a part of my daily life....I have to my soul needs it.

"If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams."
Les Brown

1 comment:

Pat Scully said...

Sarah I'll walk with you