The discussion went on to talk about the proper way to apologize. First you must show contrition and truly be sincere. After you apologize to the individual ask them if they will forgive you. I recently had to ask my daughter for forgiveness. Not only was I very sorry for what I had done, but the results of my in-actions caused much heartache. Her little hamster, Hershey, was rolling around in her plastic ball very content except for the dog that kept bothering her. I was suppose to be watching her to make sure she was safe, I wasn't. The lid came off and the worst thing that could of happened, happened. The dog got to her and killed her. She didn't die immediately so I was able to see first hand how my irresponsibility left a wake of despair and tragedy. The next morning was horrific. My daughter anxiously looked for her little buddy and when I had to tell her my heart broke and shattered. She was devastated. I apologized and apologized and asked for her forgiveness.
I took responsibility for my actions, I didn't offer any excuses I asked her to forgive me and she did. I am so very grateful that she has. We are still mending our hearts but I have pledged to do what ever I can do to make it right. From this terrible event I feel we both have grown. My children know mommy can make some pretty terrible mistakes, I will always apologize, and I will always ask my children for forgiveness when I have wronged them.
Is there anyone you need to apologize to and ask for their forgiveness?
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and for deeds left undone."
~Harriet Beecher Stowe, Little Foxes, 1865
No comments:
Post a Comment