First the item or items we borrow need to be returned in a timely manner. The time frame is something that should be discussed immediately upon borrowing. The time that it is lent out should be agreed upon by both parties but the borrower has the final say. It is extremely respectful to pay close attention to the time you have been allotted. I know I have been guilty of over stepping my borrowing allowance and I did not feel good about it. If you still have an item and a month has passed, well I imagine you have overdrawn on your borrowing allowance. Returning the item will also help in keeping your house and mind clutter free.
Return the item clean and in the same if not better condition you borrowed it. Recently I lent my minivan to a friend, she returned it with a full tank of gas, vacuumed, and had wiped the dash board with Amour All. Needless to say I will lend my minivan to her anytime she feels she might need to borrow it. I was extremely appreciative of the extra effort she took.
Don't take advantage of their generosity. If you continue to borrow the same item over and over again, it might be time for you to invest in one of your own. People don't mind lending things out but be considerate and show respect. We all have experienced a chronic borrower. We all know how it made us feel; incensed and irritated. If this problem happens politely tell the individual "no" the next time they ask to borrow the item. After the succession of "no's" they should get the hint.
So when you borrow, be respectful, return immediately when done, and be very thankful that you were lent the item in the first place.
"Neither a borrower, nor a lender be; for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dull the edge of husbandry."
William Shakespeare
No comments:
Post a Comment